2012年10月26日星期五

Final Post

This is the final post about the first project. I want to talk about how the entrepreneurial idea come out of my mind. First, i want to talk about the origin of the idea. I went to have a travel to Qingdao, which is one of the most beautiful cities in China, and i found that it was very hard to travel. There were a lot of people at the destination and it was very hard to get a train ticket or plane ticket during holiday. So i wanted to establish a network for travel.

But i noticed that there were many websites doing this kind of services. So i want to make some different. At the same time, i found that the social medias like Face book and twitter, they are just word based. And some times they don’t meet our demand to find where our friends are and they are not safe enough for everybody can look at the information you write or the pictures you post online. So i got an idea to connect social media and travel together.

Then i got an idea to set up a social media which linked with 3D map so that my users can watch their friends on the 3D map directly. I think that it would be a good idea because people may be sick of today’s social media which there are only words and pictures on the network. So i want to set up a new kind of social media. People can view their friends’ status directly.

After that, i thought i should add something new into the website. So i got the idea to make a system of the cities. I could let my users set up the virtual cities online so that everybody can view these cities. In this way, people do not need to find the group they interested in for something they really aware of. In contrary, they can just follow the cities they aware of and get the last news from the ones they concerned about. I found that the traditional social media divides people from the group they like, and what i will do is to divide people with cities.

Finally, my idea came out. I just want to give people a different way to use the social media. I think my website and my way to use the social media will of course be a new experience. And it is not so difficult for me to realize my idea. Today, the Google map is a very modern example. Maybe i can connect my website with Google map so that my website can just start up. Then, with the number of users increasing, my website can become an individual one. I wish my website may come true one day.

2 条评论:

  1. I like the idea of enforcing a new type of social media, but i am confused on the fact that there will be no text nor pictures and with 3D technology. A social media site needs some sort of communication method. Sites such as Facebook uses mainly text while others like Instagram use pictures. However, how can you function a site for communication with no text or pictures? However, i really like the idea of using 3D and video security.

    回复删除
  2. This a good idea. However, I really interested about what you want to post on your website, because I think that one city has its own characteristics. Is is not only people. I think you can post more food picture, shopping place, scenic spot on your website.

    回复删除